- 4 February 2019
- Posted by: freedomblog
- Category: Lifestyle
Smoothies are a popular way to add more fruit and veg to your diet. Besides, there are so many different combinations and most are really simple to make. They are also a great way to encourage kids to eat healthily. All you need is a blender, so give these three recipes a go for a tasty but healthy treat!
This smoothie only has three ingredients. Because of this, it is a quick and easy way to pack in one of your five a day! Also, berries have many health benefits. They are full of antioxidants and fibre. Just whizz up all the ingredients in a blender and you’re done! However, if you prefer a smoother drink, you may need to add more milk. This recipe makes two glasses.
- 200g berries- frozen or fresh. Try a mix strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or blackcurrants.
- 200g yoghurt- you can use plain, but try a flavoured yoghurt for an extra berry kick.
- 50ml milk- dairy milk or an alternative works well.
While this smoothie may taste exotic, it is really easy to make. Besides, it is packed with vitamin C. Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth to make two glasses. Try this smoothie year round for a taste of summer.
- 1 banana.
- 1 mango. If mangoes aren’t in season, check the frozen section.
- 3-4 passion fruits.
- 300ml juice. Orange juice works best, but try different combinations for a twist!
Tasty Green Smoothie
Though this smoothie looks full of vegetables, it is surprisingly sweet and tasty. Even though it contains spinach, you can’t taste it. But, you will still get the benefits of all it’s vitamins and minerals. Furthermore, the ginger adds a tangy kick and even more health benefits! Blend all the ingredients up for two servings. If your smoothie is especially thick, you might want to add some water or milk.
- 1 banana
- 50g spinach- fresh or frozen.
- 150g grapes. Green grapes work best but you can use red in a pinch.
- 1 apple- minus the core!
- A small thumb of ginger, chopped into pieces
- 200g yoghurt. Plain or vanilla works best
All of these recipes can be adapted to make your own combinations with your favourite fruit and vegetables. Also, they are easy to scale up to make more portions. You could even try freezing them in ice lolly moulds for a healthy summer treat, or use them as a base for a smoothie bowl. There are endless possibilities, so get creative and make your own unique smoothies.